Telltale Signs That You Must Replace Your Furnace
Every West Windsor Township, NJ, resident knows how unpredictable fall and winter weather can be. Whether it’s a cold, rainy day, or a snowstorm, people here depend on their heaters to maintain a warm, comfortable environment in the home. The last thing you want is for your heater to fail when you need it most, so be on the lookout for these signs that your heater is failing and that you need a new furnace installation.
- Age: Check the age of your furnace. If you’re like most homeowners, the furnace you have now was in place when you bought your home, which means it could be at the end of its useful life. The average heater lasts from 15-20 years, so if yours is in that range, consider replacing it.
- A Rise In Your Energy Bill: If you notice a sudden spike in your heating bill, it may be that your furnace is losing efficiency.
- The Buildup of Dirt, Dust, Soot & Rust: Do you notice more dust, dander, and soot in the house? If so, it could be a failing furnace that’s to blame.
- Uneven Heating: If you notice the heat is inconsistent from room to room, it could be that the furnace is having trouble pushing heat evenly through the house.
- Damage: If you notice cracks developing around the furnace, it’s time to get a new one.
- Repair Frequency: Look back at how often you’ve repaired your furnace. If it’s every year or two, call to find out about getting a replacement.