Depending on the problem, you could be without air conditioning for a long time if your system fails during the summer. At Conway Comfort Heating & Cooling, we’re available 24/7 to assist area residents when the AC breaks down to quickly return them to comfort.
Don’t take our word for it! Check out our customer reviews to see which West Windsor Township, NJ, AC contractor they recommend.
Our 24 Hour Air Conditioner Repair
We know how important your air conditioner is during summer. There’s nothing like coming home after a hard day and relaxing in a cool, comfortable home. However, sometimes people come home to a sweatshop because the air conditioner has failed. Whether it’s the weekend or during a holiday, you can count on Conway Comfort Heating & Cooling to be available when you need AC repairs.
Is Your AC Failing? Here’s How to Know!
The last thing you want during the summer is for your air conditioner to break down and stop working. Fortunately, most systems give warning signs telling you they’re not in the best of shape and need immediate repair. Watch for these telltale signs that your AC is going bad.
- Noise: When your air conditioner makes loud noises like grinding, squealing, or popping, it’s a sign of a serious problem.
- Odor: If you smell smoke, mold, or any other unpleasant odors coming out of the air conditioner when it’s running, it means you need your AC repaired ASAP.
- Your Utility Bills Spike: As air conditioners age, they lose efficiency, which means they must work harder to keep your house cool. That extra work means higher energy bills, and you may need a replacement.
- No Cold Air: When the air conditioner fails to deliver cold air, call for help right away.
If you notice any of the above signs, or if your air conditioner isn’t providing you the cold air that it used to, call Conway Comfort Heating & Cooling for a repair.
Don’t let money hold you back on a much-needed AC repair. We have financing options to help.
How to Maintain Your Air Conditioner?
A central AC is an expensive investment you must protect. Like your car, the air conditioner requires regular maintenance to ensure it runs smoothly and that you find and fix small problems before they become big ones. Fortunately, maintaining an air conditioner is easy and inexpensive, and here are a few tips to get you started.
- Clean or Replace the Filter: You may not realize it, but the filter is a vital component of your air conditioner. If the filter is dirty, it impedes airflow, which makes the unit work harder, which decreases its lifespan. Depending on your indoor climate, change or clean the filter at least once a month.
- Check the Fins: Your evaporator and condenser both have fins that keep your AC running efficiently. Over time, however, these fins get bent. Check the fins and straighten any that require it.
- Clean the Coils: The coils assist the refrigerant in absorbing heat, which is what makes your house cool. When coils become dirty, it reduces the amount of heat they can absorb, which means you don’t get as cool as you’d like, and it makes the system work harder.
- Schedule a Professional Maintenance Appointment: It’s a good idea to contact your local AC contractor to schedule a tune-up and maintenance for your system at least once a year.