How to Know You Need a New Furnace Installation?
No one likes the thought of putting in a new furnace, but like any machine, your furnace has a finite lifespan. With regular maintenance, the average furnace lasts anywhere from 15-20 years, and after that, it’s time to think about replacement.
However, there are telltale signs that your furnace is dying, and here’s what to watch for:
- Rising Utility Bills: It’s common for a furnace to lose efficiency as it ages, especially if you never maintained it. As it loses efficiency, it must work harder to provide the same amount of heat, which means you pay more every month to heat your home.
- More Frequent Repairs: If you’re repairing your furnace every year, it’s wise to put that repair money towards a new, more reliable system.
- Lack Of Comfort: Do you notice some rooms are warmer than others? Do you constantly fiddle with the thermostat to get the temperature, right? If so, your furnace may have lost the ability to distribute heat evenly throughout the house.
- Yellow Flame: A yellow instead of a blue flame is a sign that the furnace is damaged and creating poisonous carbon.
- Odd Noises: When the furnace squeals, rattles, or pops, it could be a variety of issues that range from minor to significant.
Contact Conway Comfort Heating & Cooling if you notice any of the above signs or any other oddities with your furnace.