Boiler heating systems are standard both here in East Windsor, NJ, and throughout the country because they're efficient and provide excellent heat. However, like any system, boilers develop problems that require the help of a boiler service company like Conway Comfort Heating & Cooling to fix. Contact us now if your boiler isn't producing the heat you need or if you're experiencing some other problem.
Our furnace repairs are just what's needed to keep your furnace in tip-top shape!
Advantages of Boiler Heating Systems
If you're in the market for a new heating system, it's good to consider the benefits of each method so you can make an educated decision on which one is best for your home. One system worth considering is the boiler. A boiler system doesn't use forced air like a furnace but instead heats through hot water pumped through tubes in the subfloor or radiators throughout the house. As the hot water flows through the pipes or radiators, the heat radiates out into the room.
Boiler systems provide advantages over other heating systems. One advantage is that they're more energy-efficient because water is a better conductor of heat over air. Also, the water warms up more quickly and retains heat longer.
Conway Comfort Heating & Cooling can assist you with deciding which heating system is best for your home and answer any questions you have about boilers.
Common Boiler Problems
In most cases, boilers operate efficiently and without incident for years. However, as with any system, the boiler system can develop problems that prevent it from heating as it should. Here are some common issues people face with boilers and are warranted in calling a boiler repair service.
- Low Boiler Pressure: If the boiler pressure is too low, it affects the system's ability to provide enough heat. There are several reasons for low boiler pressure, such as leaks in the system or a faulty pressure relief valve.
- Radiators Don't Heat Up: Cold spots in the radiator are common because of sludge buildup in the system, which leads to uneven heat distribution.
- Odd Noises: When you hear whistling, banging, or gurgling noises coming from the boiler, it could be caused by air in the system, low water pressure, or a faulty pump.
- Inconsistent Heat or Hot Water: Broken diaphragms are usually the cause of intermittent or no heat, but sometimes it's a problem with the thermostat.
- Leaks: A variety of issues lead to boiler leaks, including broken internal components or seals.
- Kettling: Unusually loud noises coming from the boiler could point to kettling as the problem. Kettling is when limescale or sludge builds up inside the system, which blocks the flow of water, causing the heat exchanger to overheat, which leads to the noise.
Boiler problems range from mildly irritating to dangerous, but it's wise to fix boiler issues as soon as they arise to reduce the chance of system failure.
Time for your annual heater check-up? Give us a call!
East Windsor Boiler Repair
Boilers have many advantages over other heating systems, such as a long lifespan and high efficiency. However, you must maintain your boiler like you would any other heating system for it to work properly and last a long time. Neglecting regular boiler repair and maintenance leads to costly repairs as problems accumulate and poor heating performance. If you have a boiler, contact Conway Comfort Heating & Cooling for our repair and maintenance service to ensure your boiler functions properly and provides years of uninterrupted service.