A New Thermostat Is a Must-Have Gift of the Season
The holiday season is the time of year best spent with cocoa, cookies, and family. It’s a time for toasty warm pajamas and nights spent in front of the fire. Staying warm is an essential part of enjoying the winter’s chilly months, and one of the best ways to do that is with a new thermostat!
Worn-down, old, and broken thermostats can ruin the home’s ability to stay warm and comfortable during the holiday season. A new thermostat is more than just the gift of heat control. It benefits the homeowner’s budget, comfort, and peace of mind for years to come!
4 Major Signs a Thermostat Is Ready for Replacement
- The Heater or AC is Always Running: If the heater or AC is constantly cycling on, the thermostat may not be working properly with the HVAC system. Frequent cycling should be investigated right away, as it can exasperate the HVAC unit and increase energy costs.
- The Heater or AC Won’t Turn On: If the heater or AC doesn’t turn on when programmed to, the thermostat may not be working properly with the HVAC system. Unresponsive HVAC units are dangerous during the more extreme temperatures of the winter and the heat of the summer. If the unit is responding, the thermostat should be checked.
- Room Temps and Settings Aren’t Matched: When the thermostat reads seventy, but the room feels like a freezer, the thermostat may be faulty.
- Thermostat Is Dead: It goes without saying, but if the thermostat screen has no power and replacing the batteries doesn’t fix the problem, it probably needs to be replaced.
Types of Thermostats
There are several types of thermostats available on the market to suit every budget and need.
- Non-Programmable: Typically, the most affordable thermostat on the market, non-Programmable thermostats are equipped with basic technology. Any time the temperature needs to be adjusted; these thermostats need manually adjusted. They work best for homes that are occupied more often than not and work best in smaller, more efficient spaces.
- Programmable: Programmable thermostats are the next step up from a basic thermostat. They can be adjusted to run different temperatures at different times of the day. Many come with the ability to program temperatures on a daily or weekly schedule. They are more efficient than non-programmable units and can be programmed to run the furnace and AC less when the home isn’t occupied.
- Wi-fi Thermostat: A Wi-Fi thermostat is a more advanced programmable thermostat. It allows the management of the thermostat from Wi-Fi and offers more control of the thermostat when away from the home.
- Smart Thermostat: Smart Thermostats are the cream of the crop when it comes to thermostats. Many of the thermostats can connect to other smart devices. They are a version of a Wi-Fi thermostat that evolves with use. Over time, the thermostat learns a homeowner’s living habits and adjusts the temperature as needed. It begins to track patterns (when the house is unoccupied, when occupants return from work, etc.) and stores the information to pattern energy use to maximize heating and cooling efficiency.
Why Choose a Smart Thermostat?
- More Efficient: Smart thermostats only run when needed. If a home is empty, it will conserve energy and keep the house cooler. In the long run, they save homeowners money on electric bills and are a more environmentally friendly unit.
- Easier to Use: Smart thermostats require less attention than non-programmable and basic programmable units. They can easily track patterns and adjust temperatures to the optimal comfort level without the homeowner needing to manage the changes themselves. They also come with touchscreen and smartphone options for homeowners to access the unit’s controls, making them easier to work with.
- More Programming and Zoning: Smart thermostats can usually handle more programming than other options. They can handle daily programs, and weekly programs, and adjust to the house’s needs without prompting. Most smart thermostats are compatible with zoned heat and cooling as well, allowing for control over individual room temperatures and the whole house.
The holidays are an exciting time of year! Everyone has a special gift in mind when they write their list, but don’t forget to think of the home when writing wish lists for the holiday season. Investing in a new thermostat provides lasting comfort and peace of mind all year round. With cost-saving benefits and comfort in mind, it’s impossible to go wrong with a new thermostat.
About Conway Comfort Heating & Cooling
At Conway Comfort Heating & Cooling, customers are considered family. Every job is completed by an expert, friendly technician ready to handle any HVAC surprise that comes their way. Providing quality HVAC to the community of East Windsor has been the goal of Conway Comfort Heating & Cooling since 2001. Contact them today for expert thermostat services.