When the heat is on, Cranbury Township residents push their air conditioners to the limit, and sometimes, aging systems can’t handle the load and break down. Fortunately, Conway Comfort Heating & Cooling offers expert 24-hour air conditioner repair for emergencies. If your AC isn’t working, give us a call to request an immediate repair.
Don’t take our word for it! Check out our customer reviews to find out which AC contractor Cranbury Township residents trust.
What’s Considered an AC Emergency?
Your air conditioner is a complex machine with many parts that work together to keep you cool and comfortable. And with so many components, it’s not uncommon for something to break down, especially as the machine ages. At Conway Comfort Heating & Cooling, we know that not every air conditioner issue is an emergency, but here are a few things you shouldn’t put off fixing.
- Strange Noises: One reason your AC may make strange noises is that the fan belt is loose, or it could be the compressor is running at a high-pressure level.
- Strange Odor: A burning odor coming from your AC could be an electrical issue, or something actually burning, in which case you must call for emergency AC repair.
- No Airflow: If the system doesn’t kick on, or you don’t feel any air flowing, it could be a cooling system failure. Other issues may be an improperly calibrated thermostat or that the system has finally come to the end of its working life.
Whatever the issue, you can rely on Conway Comfort Heating & Cooling for expert air conditioner repair.
Top Tips for Maintaining Your Air Conditioner
Like a car, your air conditioner requires routine maintenance and upkeep to ensure it works as needed and to maximize its lifespan. The good news is that maintenance is easy and inexpensive. Here are a few tips for keeping your AC in top shape.
- Change the filters once a month.
- Straighten any bent fins.
- Clean the coils.
- Inspect the condensate drain for clogs.
- Clean out the ductwork.
- Remove obstructions from vents and registers.
- Call a professional HVAC company for their AC maintenance services.
If you want to know more about air conditioner maintenance or require more information, contact us in Cranbury Township, NJ.
Expert Central AC Installation
A new air conditioner installation is a significant expense that most Cranbury Township homeowners would like to put off for as long as possible. Sure, a few hundred bucks for a repair is an easier pill to swallow than a few thousand to put in a new system, but sometimes, you have to bite the bullet and do it.
The signs telling you it’s time to invest in a new AC unit are the current system’s age, how efficient it is, and how frequent are the repairs. If your current air conditioner is 15-20 years old, it’s come to the end of its useful life and needs replaced. Also, if your energy bills are going up, it may be that your aging system has lost efficiency. Lastly, if you’re continuously throwing money to keep your aging air conditioner going for one more season, you’re better off putting that cash towards a new, reliable model.