There’s never a good time for your air conditioner to fail; however, when it happens on the weekend or during a holiday, it can be challenging to get a contractor out to fix the problem. At Conway Comfort Heating & Cooling, we believe you shouldn’t have to suffer in a hot house because your AC died, which is why we offer emergency AC service 24/7.
If you have an HVAC project on your mind, request an estimate today!
Main Reasons for AC Failure
If you’re like most people, you don’t think much about your air conditioner. At Conway Comfort Heating & Cooling, we know that people forget about their AC unit until it breaks or requires repair. Air conditioners fail for a variety of reasons, but here are the most common:
- Neglecting Maintenance: Regular maintenance is crucial to keeping your air conditioner in proper working order and to maintain efficiency. Also, a licensed HVAC contractor will detect potential problems and fix them before they become trouble down the road.
- Stress: When summer hits, it’s natural for people to run their air conditioners day and night to maintain their comfort. However, continuous operation puts stress on the system and causes it to wear out more quickly. You can reduce system strain by beefing up insulation so that your home remains cool without the AC running.
- Leaking Refrigerant: A leak of refrigerant poses a danger to the environment and must be repaired by a licensed AC contractor.
Choosing a New Air Conditioner
If it’s time for a new central AC installation, there are a lot of things to consider for such a significant financial decision. When looking for the next AC unit for your Plainsboro Township, NJ, home, check out these tips to make the selection process easier.
- Type of Unit: Many people choose to install the same kind of air conditioner they had before, but this isn’t always the best option. There are central air conditioners and ductless air conditioners, and each has its strengths and weaknesses.
- Efficiency: Your new air conditioner will be more energy efficient than your previous model; however, when you install a new central AC system, make sure to replace the condenser and the air handler too. Failing to do this may decrease the efficiency of your new system.
- Size: It’s a common misconception that bigger is always better. An air conditioner that’s too big for your home will switch on and off more often, which takes up more energy, thus raising your energy bill. Rather than opt for the biggest model, choose on based on the square footage of your home. Your HVAC contractor can help with this.
- Cost: There are several things to consider when it comes to how much you’re going to spend on a new air conditioner. Purchasing a high-efficiency system saves money on your energy costs every month. Also, think about the added value to your home should you decide to sell.
Contact us today in Plainsboro Township to find out about a new AC installation.
Why AC Maintenance Is Crucial?
Is your AC going to kick on when you have that first hot day of summer? Too many residents leave it up to chance and find out the hard way that their AC isn’t up to the job when they need it most. Regular maintenance not only gives you the peace that the system is ready to perform as required, but it also ensures that minor problems are found and fixed before they develop into major ones. Regular maintenance also helps your system maintain efficiency, which helps keep your home cool and your energy bills low. Call us and find out about our AC maintenance services today.