When the heat starts rising, residents push their air conditioners harder and harder to remain comfortable throughout the summer. Unfortunately, sometimes older systems can’t handle the strain and fail. If your air conditioner suddenly quits on you, rely on Conway Comfort Heating & Cooling for expert emergency AC service 24/7.
Read our customer reviews to find out what others think about our service.
Symptoms of a Failing Air Conditioner
No one likes the thought of an air conditioner going out in the middle of summer, but it happens. To avoid the need to call for emergency AC service, get to know the following warning signs telling you that your air conditioner is failing and that you need to call an AC contractor for repairs.
- Weak Airflow: Weak airflow is a sure-fire sign that your AC isn’t working efficiently. Maybe it’s a blockage, or it could be something else such as a clogged air filter.
- Frequent Cycling: When working correctly, your air conditioner goes through regular cycles regardless of the weather. However, it shouldn’t cycle on and off continuously.
- High Humidity: It’s common for the weather outside to be sticky in spring and summer, but you don’t want that climate in your house. Your AC should moderate the humidity, so if you notice more moisture in the home, look to your air conditioner as a possible culprit.
- Bad Odors: Foul odors coming from the HVAC system could point to mold or an electrical problem.
Fixing little problems now before they grow into big ones later is crucial to keeping your air conditioner running well all summer.
Our Emergency AC Service
Not every air conditioner problem requires emergency help, but sometimes, you can’t wait and need help now. Here are the most common reasons people call for immediate AC repair.
- The air conditioner won’t come on
- Your air conditioner is causing water damage
- The air conditioner has electrical problems
- Your AC puts out warm air
Complete air conditioner breakdown happens for a variety of reasons, such as the lack of maintenance and old age. If your AC suddenly stops working, check the circuit breaker and the thermostat. If the system is getting power and the thermostat is correct, the next step is to call a professional AC contractor for help. Depending on the heat, you may need immediate help to protect yourself and your family.
At Conway Comfort Heating & Cooling, our technicians are available 24/7 to deliver professional AC repair to Lawrence Township residents and beyond.
Contact the 24/7 pros at Conway Comfort Heating & Cooling to schedule an appointment in Lawrence Township, NJ.
Why You Need AC Maintenance?
The air conditioner’s coils, filters, and fins require regular upkeep to ensure the unit functions properly and runs efficiently. Neglecting regular maintenance causes your air conditioner’s performance to decline and use more energy, which means higher energy bills. Also, failing to perform routine maintenance means the system will wear out more quickly, which means you’ll have to shell out for a new one sooner. Below are simple things you can do to keep your AC in top shape.
- Clean or Change the Filter: Dirty air filters reduce the airflow, which puts a strain on the system.
- Clean the Coils: Both the evaporator and condenser coil collect dust and dirt during regular usage, which impedes the system’s ability to cool the air.
- Straighten Fins: The aluminum fins on the evaporator and condenser coils bend easily, and you can use what’s called a fin comb to get them back into shape.
- Check the Condensate Drain: The condensate drain can become blocked, so you must check it and clean it if needed.
- Call a Pro: Once a year, it’s good to call an AC contractor for maintenance and a tune up.