Here in Hamilton Township, NJ, there’s no telling how hot the summer will get. As the temperatures climb, residents push their air conditioners to the max to keep cool and comfortable. When an air conditioner is old, or if it’s not been adequately maintained, this heavy use can cause them to fail. When you’re in a bind with no air, rely on the experts at Conway Comfort Heating & Air for 24 hour AC repairs.
You can find out more about our company on our about us page.
Our Emergency AC Service
If you’re like most homeowners, you probably don’t think much about your air conditioner until something goes wrong. While there are a variety of problems that plague aging air conditioners, one of the worst is a system failure. Unfortunately, most system failures occur when owners need cooling the most, and sometimes, waiting for an appointment isn’t an option. Conway Comfort Heating & Cooling is happy to provide 24/7 service to Hamilton Township residents to get their AC unit up and running quickly to restore comfort to your family. Our technicians arrive on time and in fully-stocked trucks, which means most repairs can be done on-site. Call us when you need immediate assistance with an air conditioner problem.
Top Causes of AC Failure
Nobody wants their air conditioner to quit on them, especially during the hottest months of the year. The good news is that most AC failures can be avoided by watching for signs that your system is having problems and fixing them quickly before they get worse. Here are some issues that can lead to your air conditioner giving out on you.
- Neglecting Maintenance: Annual maintenance is crucial to maintaining your air conditioner’s performance and efficiency. A licensed technician can also identify potential problems and fix them before they have a chance to get out of control.
- Frozen Coil: Coils freeze mostly because of blocked ductwork or dirty air filters, which impede airflow in the system. Replace your filter every month and keep your ducts clean to avoid this problem.
- Refrigerant Leak: Leaking refrigerant is dangerous to the environment, and a licensed AC contractor must repair leaks. Also, if your system is low on refrigerant, the air conditioner won’t operate properly.
- Faulty Thermostat: If the thermostat isn’t working correctly, the air conditioner may quickly cycle on and off or may not come on at all.
Contact us in Hamilton Township, NJ, to schedule AC maintenance services.
When Is It Better to Replace vs. Repair Your AC?
We understand that replacing an air conditioner isn’t a pleasant experience; it’s expensive and a hassle. And it’s why most homeowners prefer to repair their aging systems rather than spring for a new one. However, sometimes, a new central AC installation makes more sense than throwing money at your old system to keep it going for another season. Here are a few things to consider:
- If your current system is over 15 years old, it’s coming to the end of its useful life and should be replaced.
- If you’re repairing your system at least once every year, it’s better to invest in a more reliable unit.
- If your energy bills continue to rise, a new, more efficient system, can help bring them back down.
- If the cost of a repair is 50% or more than the price of a new unit, getting a new one makes more economic sense.
If you’re unsure about whether a repair or new installation is right for you, call us for a consultation.